This coffee shop in Tunisia offers customers a swipe of roll-on deodorant. How kind!
Whew! The dialect of Arabic in North Africa is very different from the Middle East! But the main problem is that I just don't know the Arabic language well enough, in general, to communicate with Moroccans and Tunisians at the level of family counseling. I need to first improve my Egyptian Arabic. Also, North African believers are already gathering in smaller, private churches due to persecution. It seems to me that God would get more glory if I invest more of my time encouraging believers in Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon to embrace reproducible, biblical principles for gathering. Pray that God will give me discernment regarding when/if I should return to Morocco and Tunisia. Pray for the opportunity that I now have to serve 60+ missionaries and a few English-speaking North Africans online in family ministry and counseling.
One of the Tunisian leaders simplified his Arabic for me. When he was a teen, he and 3 of his friends began asking a lot of questions about their religion. This led them to meet a young lady who was already a believer. God saved all 4 of these friends together, making the discipleship process much easier. One of them is now married to that young lady! Please pray for this leader who wants to connect me with a few younger, believing fathers who speak English well and can train other parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment